BABA Stock: The Largest Retail Company Worldwide
Alibaba Group, also known as Alibaba Group Holding Limited, is the largest retail company in the world. It is a Chinese technology company operating in multiple nations, with its headquarter in Cayman Island. The company was founded in 1999. The areas of specialization of Alibaba are retail, e-commerce, the Internet, and technology. The company has expertise in providing top-notch business-to-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C), and consumer-to-consumer (C2C) sales services across the world. It provides these services by way of electronic payment methods, search engines dedicated to shopping, and web portals. The company has a diverse portfolio of the businesses it conducts.
Alibaba now has a name everywhere in the world and is an excellent example-setter on how to conduct such large-scale multinational businesses successfully. The sales charts on Alibaba’s all business are so high that they have overrun the biggest retailers in the United States, all combined.
The Businesses That Alibaba Conducts:
Alibaba Group currently conducts the following major businesses in widespread industries (however, there are many others):
- Alibaba.com- The primary business of the group. It has three parts: Alibaba.com (English) that manages the sales and purchases between the world’s importers and exporters (more than 240 countries), 1688.com which is the Chinese portal and handles the sales and purchases between businesses only in China, and AliExpress.com that lets small businessmen buy small quantities of the available goods at wholesale prices.
- Taobao Marketplace – A retail business. The website is the second most viewed website in China. Taobao Mall or TMall is a spin-off of the same and is an online shopping platform open to the whole world.
- Hema – Another retail chain. The customers can come to the store and buy or order online on the mobile application and get the products delivered in under 30 minutes.
- Alipay – An online payment platform that charges no transaction fee.
- Alibaba Cloud – Offering a cloud storage facility to customers on their online accounts.
- Digital Media and Entertainment Group – The entertainment-providing business. Customers can book concert tickets, movie tickets, and live experiences.
Current Financial Situation:
Alibaba Group floats its public shares on many recognized exchanges in the world. On the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), it is traded under the name/symbol of BABA. The current market price of BABA stock is around 250 dollars. The total equity amounts to 122.94 billion US dollars, while the total revenue is 72 billion US dollars. The net income of 2020 is 19.82 billion US dollars, which goes on to show that the financial position of BABA stock, that is, Alibaba Group, is pretty great. You can get more information about this stock from https://www.webull.com/newslist/nyse-baba.
Disclaimer: The analysis information is for reference only and does not constitute an investment recommendation.